Friday 22 February 2013

Dog Talk


There are two types of people in my world, apart from the obvious that is.

There are those dog walkers who smile when they pass me with my terrier, Daisy, and maybe even exchange a few words; and then again there are those who steadfastly refuse to move the muscles of their face for fear of…what, exactly? 

Are they so insulated from the world we share?
But perhaps I shouldn’t misjudge them: they could be reflecting on how to transform the injustices of our civilisation so that the marginalised, the dispossessed, the isolated, can draw closer to the riches that are there for the rest. 

Or are they composing magnificent symphonies, designing gardens, houses, clothes, or shopping lists, or are they just taking some well-deserved “Me Time”?
Never judge. 
But I am warmed by a quick smile or a nod as Daisy and I hunch against the cold or run after a thrown ball  (her, not me, for heaven’s sake!)


No comments:

Post a Comment